Friday, April 4, 2014

Raw Milk

The folks hell bent on drinking raw milk are, from my perspective, nuts.  Pasteurization is done for very good reasons--prevention of disease transmitted by milk, go read some food history.  Okay they think it's safe, good for them and all that.  I'll go along with them if I can be certain no non-pasteurized milk makes it into my food chain.  If it does I'd like it to be a capital crime.  I don't want to "accidentally" be made ill by some idiot who has his head us his ass over milk.  Second, the milk crowd has to cover their own illness costs.  They will have to be privately insured--no public money can be spent on them.  If they get sick on milk and can't pay for their care then they can rot.   They want the risk, they can have it ,but they have to pay for it too, all of it.  That said and done then they can have very and while I think of it, well taxed, controlled access to raw milk.

Political push for raw, unpasteurized milk is increasing access, but illnesses are up, too

No comments: