Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SOTU, yeah, sorta tired of it, are you?

For the first time I can remember, I did not watch or listen to the SOTU.  I don't remember one that really ever mattered.  In a nutshell, the Prez said some stuff.  His side liked it.  The other side, well, they have one word for it, "no." The next two years will be pretty much like the last six.  Some things will get done.  Most reasonable ideas will be deep-sixed via partisan bickering.  The Prez has a House and Senate opposed to just about everything he'd like to do.  He does, however, have the veto stamp.  It will be interesting to see how and when he wields it.  I doubt if he will ever use it on principle, he's too big on the idea of "something is better than nothing," and sadly he does seem to champion the idea that the ends justify the means.  You know it's a "for the greater good," right?

Not watching our annual exercise in meta-kabuki political theater also means I missed the opponents response to the Prez.  I understand the hog de-baller from Iowa gave it.  The only significant item I learned about her, from cable news this a.m., is that she wore camouflage pattern heels.  Heels are strange enough, but came?  I haven't read her speech, but I'm sure she pretty much took issue with everything the Prez might say or like to do in the next two years.  I guess who just oinked her way through the speech.

Now we'll see who can do what.  Don't expect much beyond the bare minimum that needs to be done to keep USA, Inc. going.  There won't be any new products for citizens, however new pieces of the organization will be sold (by both parties) to the highest bidder donor.  Oh, remember from now on, every action taken by any pol will play into the 2016 election--Prez, House and Senate.

Hmm, what happens if Elizabeth Warren is elected and Congress stays under Trog control?


IN case you missed the spiel, here tis for y'all to read, yawn--

The 2015 State of the Union

No comments: